We have a fantastic opportunity for a Bids and Communications Assistant to join our AJ100 listed client in Bath or Manchester, UK. Our client is a progressive and ethical architectural practice. They design with empathy for the human condition, with science for sustainable outcomes, and with art for crafting a beautiful place. The range of their architectural work is extremely broad and includes housing, universities, creative reuse and schools.
With over 40 years of practice, they now have four offices around the UK. They remain committed to the social and cultural values which underpin their design approach.
What is your role:
The Bids & Communications Assistant works alongside the Bid Manager to produce and assemble submissions and track their process. You will assist in reviewing tender requirements and liaise with the Bid Manager, Partners, and other senior members of the practice to collate the required information and submit bids of the highest standard to give the practice the best possible chance of acquiring new projects.
What the role includes:
- Development of bid plans that allow for the timely production of content, reviews, and desktop publishing to meet client deadlines
- Arrange and chair bid preparation meetings
- Collate and edit text for specific bid submissions
- Compile ‘first draft’ responses for review and edit by Partners / Architects
- Collate images for bid submissions
- Compile & coordinate all submissions including graphic layout and print production of all materials
- Document layout and presentation production for interview presentations
- Collate information received from external consultants
- Liaise with and support the internal team in obtaining due diligence information from external consultants.
- Record and audit all bid questions that have been answered
- Update the Bid Support Portal with generic information and bid knowledge data
- All completed submissions to be made available across the practice
- Collate and record feedback on all bids - successful/ unsuccessful for an interrogation
- Perform multiple submissions against rapid and frequent deadlines
- Develop new materials as needed to support business development activities
- To provide cover for the Bid Manager during times of their absence
- To provide cover at times in managing the OJEU processes - searching and recording new work opportunities in UK and Europe in line with company and business plan criteria
- Attend, and at times, prepare and lead the weekly New Work meeting
What makes you good at your job:
- Excellent written English
- Excellent editing and proof-reading skills
- Excellent DTO design skills particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Excellent administration and organisation skills
- Good graphic skills, particularly with effective image to text relationships in the contexts of documents sized A4 and A3
- Communications / Marketing experience is essential
- An interest in Architecture is essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility, with a willingness to tackle a variety of duties and learn new skills
- Effective team player
- Highly motivated
- Keen attention to detail
- Occasional evening or weekend work may be required
Generous Benefit list including annual profit share, daily lunch, and excellent holiday allowance.