What is your role:
We are seeking a certified Landscape Architect to join a well-established consultancy with robust revenue streams, expanding their London or South-East Landscapes team. Collaborating closely with the team's Associate, you will ensure efficient and professional project delivery that aligns with client expectations. Additionally, your role will involve assisting with fee proposals and other deliverables.
The growing Landscape Architectural team is an integral part of a large UK multi-disciplinary practice with six offices nationwide, engaging in diverse projects across various sectors, including residential development, education, public realm, healthcare, and commercial areas. Effective communication, collaboration, and self-motivation are crucial qualities for success in this dynamic environment.
As part of your responsibilities, you will craft landscape design schemes, generate comprehensive reports, manage projects, provide support and guidance to team members, participate in project-specific meetings with clients and consultants, and drive actions toward agreed-upon business objectives.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare landscape design schemes, write reports, and project manage.
- Manage production and deadlines for assigned work individually or as part of a team.
- Undertake site inspections, boundary surveys, site appraisals, and data analysis.
- Prepare Landscape Management Plans, Measured Works, Cost estimates, and other deliverables within RIBA stages 2-5.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to ensure coordinated proposals.
- Execute RIBA stages 5-6 work, including site auditing and reporting.
- Conduct site meetings, planning meetings, public consultation meetings, and design team meetings.
- Manage health and safety risk registers, derogations schedules, and auditing processes.
- Perform other landscape architectural design duties as required.
- Foster strong client relationships and loyalty through effective communication and support.
What makes you good at your job:
- Ideally you will have experience of working within a Building Information Modelling (BIM) environment, and Revit/ AutoCAD user plus knowledge of FormIt would be an additional benefit
- You should have great technical knowledge, quality presentation skills, and have excellent report writing abilities with the use of the Adobe Creative Suite, NBS Chorus, Publisher, and good hand sketching
- You will play a central role in client management and satisfaction, maintaining and growing existing relationships, while identifying future opportunities
- You should be great at advising clients and project teams on relevant landscape matters for planning, landscape management, and biodiversity
- You should adapt to contributing to fee agreements by setting out the scope of service to be delivered on each project
- You are a Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute (ideally at least 3 years post Chartership) or confident candidates with suitable experience who are on the Pathway to Chartership
- You are experienced in leading all stages of designing and delivering multiple projects on-site
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, able to communicate competently and confidently
- You are independent, highly organised, and technically proficient who is proactive with a can-do attitude
Why work here:
Offering a vibrant workplace the growing team provides an inspiring environment, they emphasize career growth, training, and comprehensive benefits. Offering up to two days a week working from home, a generous leave allowance with flexibility to buy annual leave, contributory pension, CPD/ training support, cycle to work scheme, employee recognition/reward scheme, company financed healthcare cashback plan, professional subscription, business mileage, employee assistance and more.