What is your role:
We are currently seeking an experienced Landscape Architect to join our rapidly expanding, award-winning client based in Gateshead. We are particularly interested in candidates with expertise in LVIA’s, conservation, and historic restoration. Successful applicants will play a key role in the entire development process of the planning and design, taking on responsibilities such as project management, report writing, and close collaboration with the internal team and external consultants.
Additionally, there will be opportunities to contribute to a variety of design projects spanning all stages of planning, design, and implementation. Our clients diverse portfolio encompasses projects in urban regeneration, historic landscape restoration, healthcare, play, landscape and visual assessment, and master-planning.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee production and timely delivery of assigned work, managing both individual and team responsibilities.
- Handle project inception, quoting, briefing, and deadline delivery, allocating tasks, and tracking progress for departmental projects.
- Conduct on-site data gathering, prepare plans and reports, ensuring compliance with RIBA work stage requirements and completing QA processes.
- Provide reports, progress updates, and advice to clients, conducting site visits, surveys, and various meetings.
- Manage health and safety processes, including risk registers and audits, and contribute to related reports.
- Prepare landscape management plans, masterplans, concept plans, and various design documents.
- Produce construction details, specifications, and schedules, as well as quantity and cost estimates.
- Conduct site audits, snagging, and reporting, ensuring compliance with QA processes before work issuance.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, considering ecological and arboricultural factors in proposals.
What makes you good at your job:
- CMLI (ideally minimum of 2 years post Chartership)
- Talented individual and a good team player who is well organised
- Enthusiastic, friendly and adaptable personality, and keen to learn new skills
- Able to work independently and pro-actively, as well as within the team
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good knowledge of the English planning system
- Landscape assessment and photographic skills
- Conservation and historic restoration experience preferred
- Experience of working directly with clients and other consultants
- Proven track record of delivering excellence
- Ability to work effectively and manage project teams
- Strong software skills in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Driving licence preferred
- Relevant permits for working in the UK
Why work here:
5 minutes from the Tyne Bridge and Quayside, boasts great transport links with office hours 9am -5pm. Our client prioritizes staff well-being with flexible working arrangements, staff initiatives, and office upgrades. The team enjoys social events and they offer competitive salaries, LI subscriptions, CPD, 25 days annual leave, pension contributions, Cycle to Work scheme, and well-being initiatives. Up to two days a week wfh after successful completion of probation period.