What is your role:
We are seeking a passionate and talented BIM Coordinator to support architectural project teams in the use of BIM tools and workflows. Based in their beautiful West London penthouse office, you will work within a multidisciplinary project team to design and realise projects for the most innovative retail operator in the world.
About the Role:
The BIM coordinator will provide technical support directly to project team members and report to the project lead, providing feedback on the team’s requirements for training, workflows or content.
Core responsibilities of the BIM coordinator will span from initial project setup, maintaining project BIM models and associated project BIM support documents, performing BIM coordination exercises and training project team members.
Additional responsibilities include monitoring the performance and quality levels of BIM models and ensuring they satisfy the prescribed project-specific BIM requirements and the clients BIM standards.
- assist project teams with the setup and edit of complex Revit families
- automation through the use of Dynamo and scripting is a key focus of development, therefore the applicant will be required to create scripts to assist the project teams in their day-to-day tasks
- setup Rhino / Revit interface and transition script
- ability to train teams in relevant workflows and software packages both 1-on-1 and group workshops
- provide ongoing support, troubleshooting and guidance for BIM workflows and standards
- contribute to BID stage discussion with early liaison for BIM requirements and potential issues that may arise
- attend project kick-off meetings to advise on BIM implementation
- contribute towards negotiations of BIM deliverables in contracts
- provide scope of services for BIM coordinator role to project architect
- author and maintain project BEP and collaborative documents to ensure effective communication between consultants
- prepare and assist in the accuracy of BIM models issued to consultants
- seek to identify opportunities to improve BIM workflows in correlation with all aspects of the practice
- review project files to look for improvements & potential future hazards
- assist in the development of project specific families
- develop and manage practice BIM library
- ensure any changes in practice or project standards are effectively communicated to the project teams and implemented
- provide assistance to clash detection processes.
Personal skills and qualifications:
- team player
- ability to work under own initiative
- ability to manage and appraise own working practices
- highly motivated and enthusiastic with a flexible and “can do” attitude
- strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- attention to detail, good problem-solving skills and organisational skills
- Degree in architecture or architectural technology-based qualification
- Minimum 3 -5 years of experience as a BIM coordinator for large scale projects
- Revit exam-based certification
Required technical skills:
- advanced knowledge and experience of Autodesk Revit and related software and plugins
- knowledge of bringing complex Rhino geometries into Revit
- knowledge of Dynamo is highly beneficial
- knowledge and experience of legacy CAD applications and practices
- experience in delivering projects to BIM standards with validation and QA processes
- familiarity with common data environment practices is beneficial
- experience with large scale/complex international projects is beneficial
Why work here:
You would be joining a global design agency leading the ever-evolving face of benchmark retail, experiential culture and hospitality projects world wide. Offering hybrid options (after successful probation period), inhouse cooked free lunches prepared by top chefs and many more benefits.