With hundreds of award-winning projects annually, our client is ranked as one of the top global design firms. 2,500 employees located in 24 offices around the world the global practice works on a variety of sectors is recognized as one of the industry’s preeminent sustainable design firms due to its innovative research, design tools, and expertise.
This opportunity comes with a range of enticing benefits, including the ability to work from home for two days a week, as well as an extensive list of other perks. Some of the benefits offered include life insurance, health insurance, income protection, travel insurance, continued professional development, wellness initiatives, visits and trips, specialist training, and a tech scheme, among others.
Summary of Role:
We are seeking an Intermediate workplace interior designer with large scale, high-end office buildings experience in London. Successful candidates should have a solid experience in a professional practice and should demonstrate experience in all stages of the design process from conception to completion. There is growth potential within the company for the right candidates.
- Attend client presentation meetings and other project meetings as appropriate
- Act as client interface on projects.
- Assist Senior ID in reviewing construction work on site as required.
- Assist to ensure smooth hand over of project to client.
- Regularly contribute to Design Reviews by way of gathering and presenting information.
- Contribute in the preparation of tender presentation material.
- Contribute to and assist in the development of tender proposals.
- Contribute in developing design proposals for presentation to the client. This will include concept ideas, development of layouts, finishes, materials and furniture all to be approved by the Senior Interior Designer/Project Manager or Associate.
- Collect client brief and prepare the project briefing documents.
- Lead /assist with the presentation of proposals to client.
- Prepare design and production information with pre-agreed programme and cost parameters.
- Specify products and materials.
- Specification of furniture desking systems and integration with IT.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Revit experience (minimum 4 years) with Design focus abilities.
- Working knowledge of Building regulations, British Standards and other relevant statutory legislation.
- A degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture.
- Excellent design and technical skills.
- Understanding of financial aspects of running a design project on time and on budget is desirable.
- Exhibits strong lead design capabilities.
- Demonstrates experience in all stages of the design process from conception to completion.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate a team as well as act as a design mentor to junior staff members, within the team.
- Good communication, client management and presentation skills and have experience in a similar role
- Work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently.
- Experience of fast-track projects from inception to completion.
- Willingness to listen and learn from all members of the team.
- Build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally.
- Knowledge of and ability to undertake on-going research of furniture systems, products, finishes and materials.