An established and expanding design consultancy specializing in top-tier (multi-billion) marine interior design ventures, collaborating closely with suppliers to fulfill clients' requirements and aspirations. Providing a hybrid work schedule of two days per week (upon successful completion of probation period), along with a generous benefits package and compensated overtime, our client is known for its friendly and collaborative atmosphere. They foster an environment that promotes growth, active participation, and supports professional development.
Summary of Role
As a Project Manager / Senior Interior Designer, you should have successfully led a team throughout the entire project life-cycle, showcasing your proven expertise in delivering outstanding designs and on-site experience. The role requires a professional who can present a portfolio demonstrating consistent project success, effective budget management, and a strategic approach leading to profitability.
Educated to a relevant degree or diploma level, with 8 years’ post grad experience
Applicable knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Ability to create and develop conceptual designs including the skill of using colour and texture
- Experience in using CAD software fluently in 2D and 3D
- Knowledge of Vectorworks would be advantageous
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of FF&E selection (materials, finishes, detailing and scheduling)
- Self-confident and receptive to constructive feedback
- Ability to manage time, generate/manage schedules and workflow of projects efficiently
- Quality experience dealing with contractors and sub-teams on site including Architects and Engineers
- Ability to understand and generate plans creatively using sketches and CAD software
- Proven track record of 8 years plus in a Project Management field.
- Familiar with project reporting and documentation requirements.
- Good communication skills & ability to present at a high level.
- Proven ability in mentoring and assisting junior and middle-weight designers
- Knowledge of producing client proposals at a high level to assist the directors
- Strong interpersonal skills, detail oriented and able to manage and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Presenting to clients at steering committee meetings.
- Managing a project efficiently, to program and budget
- Show leadership and initiative in managing projects, schedules, and project timelines.
- Proactive about managing deadlines and client expectations.
- Managing and briefing design team on live projects, including control and sign-off of their project time logs and attendance.
- Providing support for members within the team, delegating work and maintaining team budgeted hours.
- Building and growing client relationships.
- Maturing existing client relationships to pursue repeat and existing business
- Developing detailed designs and choosing materials
- Going to site and working closely with sub-contractors and clients
- Accountable for project deliverables and the approval of project output
- Taking part in senior management meetings when requested
- Maintaining client satisfaction and profitability in regard to all projects you are involved in.
- You have direct responsibility for organising and controlling your personal team and all others who you may become involved with.
- Acting upon all decisions made with and by Directors in relation to the development and continued success of client.