What is your role:
We are looking for a design-led Senior Landscape Architect to join a planning, landscape and environmental consultancy based in Lewes, East Sussex. This award winning team delivers first class projects of all scales through the planning and development process. In the increasingly high level of environmental and legislative demands they develop relevant, effective and innovative strategies and designs to meet and surpass these requirements.
Senior Landscape Architects at this practice undertake the full scope of landscape architecture duties on their projects and are involved from inception to completion. Supported and guided by senior colleagues and a partner, they work on design, planting, detailing, as well as supporting cost estimating, preparation of contract and tender documentation, tendering and administration of contracts and all works on site to completion. You will be working on a diverse range of projects in residential, high end residential, care and extra care, hotels and hospitality, commercial, sustainable projects
What makes you good at your job:
- ambition, talent, and a desire to develop into a strong and independent project lead, managing medium to large-sized landscape projects
- accomplished design, hand sketching and graphic skills with the ability to communicate coherent and well-resolved ideas clearly
- at least seven years’ post-graduate experience, with good experience in all stages of design
- proficiency in all relevant software packages (Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Office 365). Competency in 3d modelling using Rhino would be preferable
- able to undertake Task Team Manager level BIM responsibilities
- excellent English language skills, both written and spoken
- demonstrable experience of the day-to-day running of a small to medium project and managing a project team
- confidence in liaising with clients, contractors and other professionals, and the ability to develop strong relationships with them
- commitment to diversity and equality of opportunity in all working practices
- a team player approach, willing to assist others, and to share and contribute to the learning outcomes of the whole practice
- LVIA experience would be an advantage.
Why work here-:
Offering a collaborative, stimulating and inspiring working environment in small teams. They offer all staff hybrid working and a range of great benefits.