What is your role:
This award-winning Brighton based practice works on a large range of sectors and projects from residential gardens to iconic, landmark schemes such as the roof gardens of Battersea Power Station. With clients all over the UK current projects include gardens in London, Surrey, Windsor, Devon and Cornwall and additionally international work spans the globe, with projects in Russia, Hong Kong, Rwanda, Europe and the Middle East.
We are looking for an Inspirational leader who is trustworthy, passionate, engaging, resilient, encouraging & motivating, exuding confidence and has a positive attitude.
What makes you good at your job:
- You will have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in landscape design documentation (RIBA stages 1,2,3 & 4) and landscape master planning
- You have strong leadership and management skills
- Experience with managing teams of landscape architects or technicians
- You have worked on complex, multi-disciplinary schemes in the past
- You have a great understanding of the constructability of complex landscapes
- You have the ability to lead complex packages and international projects
- You’re a multitasker with the ability to work well under pressure
- You can demonstrate strong skills in design and technical design packages, cross-disciplinary coordination, team leadership skills and have a foundation in Revit.
- Knowledge of working within a BIM environment
- You would be required to have strong graphic and design skills with proficiency level skills using Revit, AutoCAD, Enscape, Sketch-Up, Adobe Suite, Cad Software, NBS and Microsoft Office
What the role includes:
- To promote Landscape Design excellence and enable the practice to achieve its objective to lead the field in design.
- Direct the delivery of the services within budgets, targets and timescales agreed with Line Managers and the Principal.
- Lead, motivate and develop more junior members of the team.
- To contribute to fee agreement with clients by setting out the scope of service to be delivered on each project.
- Contribute to development programmes for project team members.
- To be responsible for leading the landscape design process and for communicating and delivering of landscape design quality objectives for the project.
- To provide design solutions to Landscape project work.
- To assist in the preparation of graphical information for presentations, concept design and detail designs.
- To provide support in preparing specification documents.
- To assist and implement a broad range of landscape projects, liaising with clients and contractors, preparing contract documentation, appointment and supervision of contractors (including internal teams) and contract administration.
- To liaise with clients and represent the company in meetings.
- To work towards presenting landscape projects both verbally and graphically to potential clients from private, public sectors.
- Responsibility for (C.D.M.) Construction Design and Management and Health & Safety legislation affecting project implementation on his/her projects and be able to take appropriate steps to implement its compliance.
Why work here_:
This is a team of 30 that really value relationships offering a very generous and comprehensive package of benefits including income protection, enhanced sick pay, life insurance, critical illness cover and private medical insurance.
They also take career development seriously and pay professional membership fees and assist with financial and educational support through the Pathway to Chartership.
And of course, they like to have fun, with regular events and parties including an annual overseas trip. Being based in central Brighton they have all its amenities from Bars to Beaches virtually on their doorstep. The countryside is just a stone’s throw away. They remain an office-based practice valuing the collaborative nature of face to face working and also offer hybrid working three days in the office / two days working from home) and offer flexible hours if applicable i.e to work with school run etc.