What is your role:
We're looking for a skilled Chartered Senior Landscape Architect to join an award-winning team. You'll primarily collaborate with developers on large-scale residential projects in a dynamic environment. The team emphasizes professional development, mentoring, and support and actively cultivate strong, enduring relationships with clients, co-consultants, and contractors, particularly with well-established residential developers across the UK. With numerous large-scale residential projects underway nationwide, this is an excellent opportunity to be part of an expanding and thriving team.
In this role, you'll lead as a Senior Landscape Architect, overseeing fee-earning production projects either independently or collaboratively. Your responsibilities include supporting and mentoring team members, nurturing client relationships, and advancing agreed business goals. Beyond driving project design and delivery, the ideal candidate will also assume a senior leadership role in the sizable team.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee production and timely delivery of assigned work, managing both individual and team responsibilities.
- Handle project inception, quoting, briefing, and deadline delivery, allocating tasks, and tracking progress for departmental projects.
- Conduct on-site data gathering, prepare plans and reports, ensuring compliance with RIBA work stage requirements and completing QA processes.
- Provide reports, progress updates, and advice to clients, conducting site visits, surveys, and various meetings.
- Manage health and safety processes, including risk registers and audits, and contribute to related reports.
- Prepare landscape management plans, masterplans, concept plans, and various design documents.
- Produce construction details, specifications, and schedules, as well as quantity and cost estimates.
- Conduct site audits, snagging, and reporting, ensuring compliance with QA processes before work issuance.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, considering ecological and arboricultural factors in proposals.
- Support and mentor team members, providing guidance and facilitating professional development.
- Develop and deliver departmental training programs as needed.
- Manage departmental workload, allocate resources efficiently, and maintain client relationships.
What makes you good at your job:
- CMLI status required
- Minimum degree or equivalent qualification in Landscape Architecture
- Postgraduate qualification in Landscape Design or similar
- Minimum 6 + years post-graduate experience
- Extensive experience of managing, running and leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Broad and varied report writing skills to a good speed and standard
- Significant project, site and task management experience
- Extensive landscape design experience/ skills/ knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of RIBA stages and UK Planning Policy
- Excellent and varied IT Microsoft office skills
- Excellent CAD drafting skills
- Full Driving Licence needed
Why work here:
Offering a vibrant workplace in Suffolk, the growing team of 30 employees provides an inspiring environment. Located near Cambridge and London, they emphasize career growth, training, and comprehensive benefits. Serious about work-life balance they offer flexible, hybrid working options to accommodate individual preferences – whether office-based or predominately working from home.