What is your role:
We are in search of a Studio Administrator to become a part of an acclaimed AJ100 firm. Your role will encompass comprehensive administrative assistance, which involves collaborating with others to create expressions of interest, pre-qualification questionnaires, and pitches. You'll also handle various general administrative duties and provide reception coverage when necessary.
This is a busy and varied role. The successful candidate must be proactive and methodical, with the ability to work closely alongside others and to prioritise work to tight deadlines.
You will be reporting to Directors, associate directors, associates and senior administrative support/bid coordinator.
Provide full support to project teams under the direction of the team leader
- assisting and supporting project teams in all project administration
- reviewing documents created by others to ensure spelling, grammar, layout, branding and formatting are correct
- printing and binding documents, reports, submissions etc.
- updating and maintaining project and contact information on the company’s database
- filing documents and emails in Newforma
- compiling expressions of interest, pre-qualification questionnaires and pitches in association with others
- organising travel arrangements for colleagues and logging information
- reception cover as required, answering all reception calls in a polite, professional, welcoming manner, transferring calls, taking message
- ordering office supplies and couriers as necessary
- assisting with arranging office functions and excursions
Skills and profile:
- in-depth knowledge of general office software, intranet, and administration systems
- knowledge of relevant presentation software (Affinity Publisher) and capability to learn new applications
- knowledge of and ability to operate typical extranet systems for uploading project information
- time management and organisational skills, ability to prioritise work and perform under pressure to tight deadlines
- ability to remain calm and helpful, giving support across all members of project teams
- professional and cooperative attitude, delivery, and telephone manner
- self-motivated with the ability to use initiative and work unsupervised, and switch quickly between tasks as workload demands
- excellent grasp of English language with the ability to check grammar and spelling
- ability to participate and become an active member of project teams
- understanding of architecture and interior design and the sectors across which the practice operates
Why work here:
Distinguished as pioneers of employee ownership, the practice operates as a trust for the collective advantage of all members within the firm and notably profits are distributed among all employees annually. Acknowledged for their dedication to employee well-being, they were recently awarded the title of Architectural Employer of the Year.
The practice organise weekly gatherings that unite the entire team to showcase ongoing projects, coupled with monthly practice briefings. Active participation in softball and five-a-side football matches against fellow London practices, complemented by regular yoga sessions and a lunchtime running club. Bi-monthly, the team hosts an in-house practice lunch prepared collectively by all staff members.